Monday, September 27, 2010

My Pre-Inception

I'm yet to grow a wisdom tooth. Call it what you want, but my mind's eye calls it "My Pre-inception"- which plays an immense role in my life. Funnily, I haven't even gotten to the third stage; yet, I feel as though I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. All hails to my friends and foes. My concern happened to be yours in a way or two. Honestly, I was at my wit's end when the ache was first felt. I'm a brave black young man with short hair but the pain, in a way, curled my hair. Of course, I had a sickening solution, one that has no good effect after all. For some reasons beyond by ken, the solution to the problem always flies in the face of common knowledge. Yep, I ignore it like a billion times in a second. And to say I'm not going to advance to the third stage hangs by a hair. I mean, at least I have the presence of mind to indulge honesty before embarking on the next stage.

An intimidating scene: having a mind like a steel trap - trapped in a jealous gaol - much like a bravura, crazy-crowned from laymen's perspective; and having bats in my belfry from contemporary intellectuals' perspective.

Currently, I'm in a positive frame of mind as everything is semi-okay. 'Keeping a cool head' and 'Letting my brain enjoy its vacation' are my long mottoes. So, when next you see me knit my brow, feel free to think it's due to the sun's rays or act as an unpaid intern liaison with modern-day thinkers. For I know you will never know what I know about you, let alone know a thing about me. In essence, you don't know me, I doubt if you would in the foreseen future, and I'm wrapped in the mood of optimism that until you know you, you'll never know me. If this doesn't make sense, at least know that our minds cannot have a meeting. Not now.

No comments: