Monday, August 11, 2008

Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes...Gone in 48 hours

Who's Bernie Mac? Do I know Isaac Hayes?

Well, those shouldn't be the questions in your head. If you live on earth and have laughed out loud before, then you should be on the same page to conclude Bernie Mac as one of the all time best comedians.

Writing about comedy, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air featured Isaac Hayes "Shaft" in an episode. It's one of my favorite episodes. Ask Will Smith for the title.

All I know is that I was shocked and speechless when I heard Bernie Mac died after a bout of pnemonia. Initially, I procrastinated when I had to write about him on my blog. This is because I didn't want to believe what I'd heard. The matter got worse when I heard the news that Isaac Hayes "Shaft", a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was pronounced dead at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis in Memphis, Tenn., after collapsing Sunday afternoon near a treadmill in his home nearby.

It's sickening that death has done this to these people. Our worry now should be on how to get more comedians involved since Bernie Mac owned half of it. Heaven just got much funnier while earth dropped fifty percent. Also, let me know when you find another human with a deep masculine bass voice as Isaac Hayes'.

They took 50 and 65 respectively.

Their works remain unique, and at such no other person's work can hark back to theirs.

We miss you, guys..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We def are gonna miss 'em
..Josephine

tommeh said...

You're right..